1. Personal Detail
Name Yilak Getnet Fantaye
Date of birth March 4 1980
Place of birth Addis Ababa
Marital status Married
Address Tel 09 11 40 35 05
P.O.Box 23559 Code 1000
2. Educational Background
- MPH (Masters in Public Health) from Hawassa University completed on August 15 2011
- Completed one year B.SC course in A.C.I.P.H (Addis Continental Institute of Public Health) in the field of Public Health Management on August 2010.
- I have taken the following courses. PUBLIC HEALTH MANAGEMENT,BIOSTATISTICS,EPIDIMOLOGY,NUTRITION ,REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH, ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH, OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, and other basic courses).
- B.Ed Degree (bachelor of education) from Bahir Dar University Major Mathematics on July 9, 2004.
- Completed High school, Miskaye Hizunan Medhane Alem Monastery School, July 1999, Addis Ababa.
- Completed elementary school in New Era Public School in1995 Addis Ababa
3. Other Skills
- Remarkable experience on collection of health facility data (on key indicators of FMOH by which HIV/AIDS is a major target)at rural health centers and health posts of Ethiopia by which CHAI-EMRI are working (Tigray, Amhara, Oromia and SNNP)
- Practical experience on filling the collected data on CHAI data base (Kidstat data base).
- Making Observational assessment of the HCs
- Communicating with continuously and effectively using e mail and phone with my bosses MR Patrick
- Writing monthly and quarterly reports on health indicators
- SPSS (Statistical package for social scientists) and Epi -info soft wares literate
- Basic computer literacy diploma from African Virtual University
(MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Publisher,
- MS PowerPoint & etc) .
- English language TOEFL score 550 and Test of written English score 5.0
- Participated in personal development, leadership & team work trainings; and applied this skills while I was working as a network marketer as a part time job for Quest international limited.
4. Work Experience
- Currently working for Yale University on the project post EMRI (Ethiopian Millennium Rural Initiative) as Monitoring and Evaluation Officer since October 2010.
- Member of Monitoring and Evaluation team of SMCF (St. Matthew’s Children’s Fund Ethiopia) from September 2005 until August 2009
- Mathematics teacher from September 2004 to August 2005 in Ethio -Parents School, Addis Ababa.
5. Achievement Certificates
- Get a certificate of completion of web based training course “Protecting Human Research Participants” from the National Institute of Health (NIH) office of Extramural Research on 06/21/2011 (Certification Number 704789)
- Certificate of completion on training on communication & leadership on March 1 2006.
- Member of Ethiopian Public Association
- Member of Ethiopian Red Cross Society
7. Voluntary Community Service
- Used to give supplementary teaching to orphan children with colleagues during summers since 2002 to 2006.