Join an existing group of high caliber technical specialists in the anti-corruption, governance and accountability fields to expand opportunities by securing new projects and providing technical management of projects from the home office. Develop and implement programs in emerging integrity-related sub-fields to build the capabilities of the organization, for example, through the use of IT and social media applications, and collective action initiatives. Provide overall technical management, guidance, and support on anti-corruption- and accountability-related projects. Responsibilities include contributing to business development and proposal writing, managing client/partner relations, providing home office technical support to existing field projects, and representing the company at professional meetings and workshops. S/he will report to the Practice Area Lead for Governance and Accountability in the MSI/Tetra Tech Arlington, Virginia office.
- Contribute to strengthening and expanding MSI’s anticorruption and governance practice area.
- Contribute to planning, implementing, and managing business development efforts to win new projects in the anti-corruption and good governance field, including research, project design, proposal writing, team-building, identifying staff, and organizing winning proposals.
- Market and manage cross-sectoral projects with anti-corruption objectives or activities, that address these goals through institutional governance reform, eGovernance approaches, public administration, regulatory reform, legal and enforcement approaches, auditing, public financial management or working with civil society, the private sector and the mass media, for example.
- Identify, develop and promote the use of new and innovative anti-corruption, accountability and governance approaches and techniques to achieve successful performance on projects.
- Provide technical support to and oversight of field projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing and conducting international development programs related to anti-corruption, governance and/or accountability
- Minimum 5 years of experience conducting business development and winning project awards, including planning for and writing strong proposals, recruiting team members and partners, and applying innovative approaches.
- Experience managing or providing oversight of field projects in particular sectors, including public administration, justice, education, health, energy, public financial management, and others.
- Experience working directly with USAID and other donors.
- Successful track record in a variety of developing country contexts, including crisis/conflict areas.
- Ability to manage diverse project teams for designing and implementing anti-corruption activities.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in public administration, international development, economics, business administration, law or a related field.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and communication skills in English. Proficiency in other languages preferred, particularly Spanish and/or French.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.