Epoka e Re
New Epoch Organizational Background:
New Epoch’ organization works with youth and for youth. The centre opened in 2005 to address the need of youth to self organize and to become an active part of their community. Its members are young people of Fier aged from 14 to 25.
Youth Parliament of Fier is a structure within the ‘New Epoch’ organization since 2005. Youth Parliament is comprised of elected young Senators, aged 14 to 18 representatives of all the high schools (10 public and non public) of Fier elected through democratic elections conducted in these institutions. In the elections of 2012-1013 there were 60 youngsters who ran for deputies and conducted their electoral campaigns in their schools through public speeches, open debates, posters, leaflets, etc. Through these elections we educate young people to vote and become more responsible citizens. Currently there are 28 elected deputies/ senators and more than one hundred volunteers. Youth Parliament Fier organizes weekly meetings and works together with the Environmental, Debate, Peer Educator and Journalism groups to prepare youth action agendas, learn about civic affairs through partnership with adult elected officials, present plans of action to Municipal governments and conduct peer education programs. At the same time they inform elected officials about their issues and demonstrate their capacities. Youth Parliament of Fier represents a fresh voice in Fier’s community and in local political life, inspiring youth to believe and participate in democracy.
New Epoch youngsters are active part of different programs and activities such as: peer eduation, environmental protection, advocacy and lobbing campaigns, regional and national debates, etc. New Epoch builds their capacities in informal learning and different trainings, such as: Advocacy and Lobbing, Drafting projects, Conflict Menagement, Public speaking, Human rights, Gender issues, Women equality, etc.
New Epoch believes in the power of youth to act as agents for change in society. The centre operates in Fier through ongoing partnerships with the local Municipality and other regional organizations. The organization has a board of directors of five people, the executive director, the staff (6 people) and volunteers.
The goal and Objectives of NPO:
The goal of the organization is to aid the processes of social change, development, democratic progress, and improving the life of the community through youth collaboration.
· Making public and supporting the principles, ideas and the advantages of the citizens participation on the country life;
· To increase the capability of the society to reach the equality;
· To increase the level of education for the youth people.
· To encourage the movement of citizens and the initiatives for the community consciences regarding the improvement of the local and central policies of: governing, the environmental issues, people health , youth, woman , vulnerable groups, culture and science;
· To establish a forum for full discussion with all interest subjects;
· To increase awareness and enable the citizens to protect their health in preventing different risky diseases; and to assist the invalid individual or those people suffering from different pathological diseases through facilitating their conditions for a better life and a qualitative social life;