Name(s): NDAKALA ZA MUNGILIMA
Address(s) Avenue Mirugi No1.
Commune de Goma. .Democratic Republic of Congo
Phone(s) : portables +243990878915
e-mail : email@example.com
Birth date: 04/08/1949
From March 2013: Medical Coordinator with the NGO IEDA Relief (International Emergency and Development Aid.
· Working with internal displaced persons and returnees to alleviate the burden of poverty and help them to become self sufficient economically and socially.
· To coordinate the provision of primary Health Care and provision of better clean water and improve poor sanitary conditions.
· To contribute to better food security.
· To contribute to protection of basic human rights through advocacy activities.
March the 1st 2012 to May 31st 2012: Specialist Consultant HIV/AIDS /PMTCT
· To reorganize the coordination of HIV/AIDS activities as well internally as (HIV/AIDS Task Force) externally with the meetings of the coordination of actors involved in the fight of HIV/AIDS at a provincial level.
From June the1st 2006 to August the 31st 2010: HIV/AIDS Manager.
· Situational Analysis. Data collection, Planning and evaluation of HIV interventions in the North Kivu, South Kivu, Maniema and Oriental provinces.
· Field visits for the improvement of the capacities of manpower’s related to PMTCT, the sensitization of adolescents in the convivial centers, the care of orphans, and other vulnerable children such as those from armed groups and armed forces, as well as the management of PEP kits in sexospecific violence’s survivors.
· The collaboration with the United Nations HIV/AIDS joint team.
Name and address of the employer: UNICEF Goma office (Democratic Republic of Congo):
Field: HIV/AIDS .
From September 2005 to June 2006: Head of Obstetrics and Gynecological ward
University Hospital of Mwanzi (Bukavu).
· Care of gynecological affections, high risk pregnancies.
· Training of the Students of Medicine Faculty form the Official University of Bukavu. (UOB).
· Embryology lecture.
Employer: Minister of Superior and University Teaching.
Field: Reproductive Heath
From march the.1st 2004 to December 13th 2005: Obstetrical Emergency Project Manager:
· Planning, Implementation, Supervision and evaluation (surveys organization) of Obstetrical emergencies.
· The improvement of the capacities of manpower’s from the Government.
· Drugs supply and essential equipment.
· The introduction of de zinc utilization in the care of diarrhea for children of fewer than five in the Kabare Health District in the collaboration with IRC.
Employer: International Rescue Committee (IRC): South Kivu Office. No 35/01, Av. P. E. Lumumba. Bukavu. DR Congo. IRCbukavu@theIRC.org
Field: Reproductive Health.
From September 1999 to June the 30th 2002:
- District Medical Officer in Cyangugu. (Rwanda).
-Maternity Medical Officer.
-Coordinator of the Project of integration of the care of
Sex workers in Cyangugu.
-Hospital Medical Officer in Gihundwe (Rwanda).
· Planning, Implementation, Supervision and evaluation of Primary Health Care activities in Gihundwe District
· Participation to the implementation of the performance approach in the improvement of the performances of activities in the Health Services with the NGO CORDAID.
· Participation to the improvement of the quality Insurance in the programs of PMTCT with the collaboration of UNICEF Rwanda.
· Participation to the implementation of the Health mutual in Gihundwe District.
· Training of the Students of Medicine Faculty from University of Butare.
Employer: Minister of Health of Rwanda.
Field : Public Health
From 1996 to 1999
: Head of Obstetrics and Gynecological ward.
· Care of gynecological affections, high risk pregnancies, infertility and family planning.
Lecturer at the Catholic University of Bukavu. ;
· Lectures: Embryology Elements, Introduction to Public Health, Elements of Demography, Health Institution Management, medical Deontology.
From 1991 to 1996
-District Medical Officer in Kindu (Democratic Republic of Congo).
-Provincial Medical Coordinator of the National Programme of the fight of HIV/AIDS.
- Dean of the Medicine Faculty (University Centre of Kindu).
Employer: Minister of Health /Medical Inspection in Maniema.
· Planning, Implementation, Supervision and evaluation of Primary Health Care activities in Kindu district in collaboration with the NGO NOVA FRONTERA.
· Consultation of pregnant women with high risk pregnancies. The management of couple Infertility. The management of family planning.
· Coordination of activities of HIV/AIDS in the Maniema province.
· Lecture of Public Health and Obstetrics and Gynecology.
From 1987to 1989
-District Medical Officer in Kasongo.
· Planning, Implementation, Supervision and evaluation of Primary Health Care activities in collaboration with the Medical Tropical Institute of Antwerp (Belgium) Improvement of the capacities of staff from the District.
· Care of pregnant women with high risk pregnancies. The management of couple Infertility. The management of family planning. Employer Ministry of Public Heath / Provincial Inspection of Maniema.
Employer: Ministry of Public Health.
De 1983 à 1987
- District Medical Officer in Kampene.
· Planning, Implementation, Supervision and evaluation of Primary Health Care activities. (Curative, preventive and promotional).The empowerment of the capacities of the manpower in collaboration with Kasongo Dioceses with the NGO CVM (Corps des Volontaires Marchigliani/Italy).
· Care of pregnant women with high risk pregnancies, the management of family planning.
Employer: Ministry of Public Health.
From 1977 to 1983:
- Assistant in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
· Training of Medical Students.
· Participation to data collection for the Ob-Gyn. department research.
Employer: Ministry of superior and University Teaching
Education and training.
· Mother to child transmission of HIV: Global health e-learning center: certificate
· HIV Basics (Part I): Global health e-learning center: certificate.
· Antenatal Care: Global health e-learning center: certificate
· Emergency Obstetric and new born Care Course: Global health e-learning center: certificate
· Logistics for Health Commodities Courses: Global health e-learning center: certificate
· Preventing post partum Hemorrhage Course: Global health e-learning center: certificate
· IUD Course: Global health e-learning center: certificate
· Post partum Family Planning Course: Global health e-learning center: certificate
· Standard Days Method Course: Global health e-learning center: certificate
· The data quality course: Global health e-learning center: certificate
· Data use for Program managers course: Global health e-learning center: certificate
· M& E fundamentals course: Global health e-learning center: certificate
From 2011 on going Post Graduate Diploma in HIV Management
· Epidemiology of HIV, Public Health Prevention of HIV. Adherence to treatment of HIV /AIDS. Wok place management of HIV, Prevention of Stigma and Discrimination, Cultural aspects of HIV prevention.
Stellenbosch University (South Africa.)
From 1989 to 1990:
-Master of Public Health:
· Health Planning, Epidemiology, Nutrition, Primary Health Care, Demography, Bio statistics. Anthropology. Ecology, Health Information System. Economy, Sexual transmitted diseases. Malaria, Informatics, Water Sanitation and hygiene. Family planning.
Institut de Médecine Tropicale d’Anvers (Belgique).
De 1977 à 1983
- Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
· Gynaecology, Obstetrics, Endocrine Physiology, Anatomy.
Université Nationale du Zaïre/Campus de Kinshasa.
1) « Etudes de la maternité tardive aux cliniques Universitaires de Kinshasa » : Mémoire de Spécialisation, Kinshasa, 1983
2) « Exploratory Laparotomy in the management of the chronic pelvic pains » 1st Term paper. International Course in Health Developpement (ICHD). Antwerp. 1989
3) “Some aspects of infertility in Kasongo District”. 2nd Term Paper (ICDH). Antwerpen.1989
4) “Uterine rupture. A gap in home deliveries”. 3th Term Paper (ICHD). Antwerpen.1989
5) “Les malformations congénitales de l’appareil génital féminin interne: à propos de trois observations” Journal Médical des Grands Lacs. Vol1, N°1, p.3 ; 2002
6) « Contraception, Contra gestion et avortement provoqué : méthodes chimiques utilisées en Afrique ». Journal Médical des Grands Lacs. Vol1, N°1, p.3 ; 2002
1) Team Leadership: Obtained in the management of different health districts. (Kampene, Kasongo and Kindu) as well in Gihundwe, out of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The collaboration with different Managers in different sections of UNICEF involved in the activities of fighting against HIV/AIDS. The same collaboration has been established with colleague’s involved HIV/AIDS activities. (WHO, WFP, UNHCR, UNDP, UNFPA. My capacities to confront different points of view allowed me to put in place the UN HIV/AIDS joint team in North Kivu Province.
2) Skills to plan and organize: The management of different Health district and general referral hospitals was made possible thanks to the skills to analyze the situations , the capacity of prioritization taking into consideration risks and unplanned events as well as the opportunities and menaces. I have acquired the capacities of follow up of planned activities and to evaluate the results.
3) Creativity: All along the management of different entities, I was involved in improving the quality of programmes by introducing innovations: the empowerment of the local staff Organization in UNICEF office in Goma. The strikes have been avoided in different Health districts thanks to my capacity of negotiation. The improvement of the care of diarrhea in children under 5 was possible thanks to the introduction of zinc in the protocol. The introduction of Quality Insurance in PMTCT programme. The introduction of the care of sex workers in order to diminish the impact of prostitution on their health.
4) Opening to the new technology: An effort has been done to be informed on the optimal utilization of usual Informatics programmes (Excel, PP, EPI info) and the capacities to manage a data base.
5) Reproductive Health. The initial education in Obstetrics and gynecology has improved my capacity to take care of high risk pregnancies, couple infertility as well as complicated case in obstetrics and gynecology.
IV. KNOWLEDGE IN INFORMATICS
Word : Good
Excel : Good
ProMs : Good
Epi-Info : Good
Power point : Good
Belonging to Professional societies.
· Honorary President of Provincial Medical Board of Maniema
· Honorary Secretary of Provincial Medical Board of South Kivu
· Member of the Congolese society of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
1. Charly M. Mampuya, PharmD
PMTCT Officer : US Ambassy
2. KABEYA Henry
Psychologist Officer in MONUSCO (UN Mission in Democratic Republic of Congo)
Tel (+243) 0818907469
3. BAKATUBYA PIERRE CELESTIN
Tel (+243) 0818305904
The information’s above are exacts
Goma, on Jully 15th 2013
Dr NDAKALA ZA MUNGILIMA Joseph