· Master of Social Science-MSS, Second Class Degree achieved in 1985 from Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, in Sociology.
· Bachelor of Social Science-BSS (Honors) second Class Degree achieved in 1984 from Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, in Sociology.
· Higher Secondary Certificate, Second Division, Passed the examination, in 1981 under Dhaka Board from Dhaka College, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
· Secondary School Certificate, Second Division, Passed the examination in 1979 under Dhaka board from Bhuiyapur Pilot High School, Tangail, Bangladesh.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CREDENTIALS:
I have accumulated vast and real experience in the field of Supervision, Monitoring & Implementation of various Social & Economic development programs / projects, especially, which are related to Human Rights issues, Housing and Land Rights, Peoples organizations & Federation, Social Mobilization, Good Governance, Democracy, Environmental issues, Policy Advocacy-Lobbying, Advocacy Campaign designing, Social Development, Rural & Urban Livelihoods programs, emergency Relief & rehabilitation, excellent capacity and skill to Liaise, Coordinate & Communicate with National / International NGOs, Local Government machineries, civil society organizations, political leaders, local and national level social leaders, Government Officials, Donors, Print & Electronic Media, Peoples organizations & Federation, Social Mobilization, Human Rights, Good Governance, Democracy, Environmental issues, Policy Advocacy-Lobbying, Advocacy Campaign designing, Media Campaign.
- Country Visited: France, Senegal, South Korea, China, Brazil, Thailand, Philippines, Nepal, India, UAE and Sri Lanka.
MOMENTARY LOOK AT MAJOR COMPETENCIES
Low-Cost Housing Project Implementation
Supervised, Monitored of Implementation of three (03) Low-cost housing for the homeless urban poor Community of Dhaka, Bangladesh with support of the SELAVIP, since 2007.
Human Rights Activities:
As a human rights activist and as a professional, I had played always a very important role in campaigning against any violation of human rights, worked with other national and International NGOs to address human rights issues in and outside of Bangladesh.
Policy Advocacy and Lobbying:
Excellent capacity of Policy Advocacy & Lobbying with the policy makers, Government Officials, opinion Leaders and civil society organizations on various issues.
Community mobilization & Peoples organization:
22+ Years direct working experiences on community organizing, community organization and mobilization on various human rights and community development issues. I introduced and arranged a community-based organization, which is completely organized by the slum dwellers / urban poor in order to establish citizen rights of them.
Media Campaign / Communication with Media:
Sound capacity to undertake Media Advocacy and campaign; have very-nice and healthy working relationship with the National Level Print and Electronic Media people.
Legal support& Eviction watch:
Have huge practical experience to provide legal assistance and help poor to get legal shelter in case of their emergency like as slum eviction, police persecution etc.
Liaison, Coordination and Communication:
Excellent capability to liaise, coordinate and maintain Public Relations, Coordination and Liaison between staff, NGOs, Government Officials & Donor Agencies, Civil Society & Political Organizations, Print and Electronic Media people, skill to afford suitable coordination & access to the above mentioned programs.
Planning & Reporting:
Well capable to prepare work-plan(s) of the organization; such as monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, annual, three years, five years etc. of the organization. Provided regular feed back to the management on the current status of work and bring to their attention (in writing) immediately. Produce organizations monthly / quarterly / half yearly /annual reports; produce various project-specific progress reports regularly.
Administration & Management:
I worked as part of the top management personnel most of the time of my carrier; because of this, always I played the most important and key role to take, finalize and verify all the administrative decision of the organization. Every decision is executed after confirming my assent and verification.
Water Supply and Sanitation:
· Worked with the Asian Development Bank-ADB as Domestic Consultant-Urban Social Research of the” Study on Water in Asian Cities, REG: Promoting Effective Water Management Policies and Practices, RETA: 6031” from August, 2002 to October, 2002 (With No-cost extension up to December, 2002).
· Worked in the leading forum of NGOs in the field of WATSAN; NGO Forum for Drinking Water Supply and Sanitation from August, 1989 to October 1995.
· Have clear concept and experience of implementing Safe Drinking Water Supply, Environmental Sanitation and Hygiene Education programs, more than 15 years both in RURAL and URBAN areas of Bangladesh.
Micro Finance / Savings, Credit & Income generation:
More then 15+ years experience of Supervising, Monitoring & Implementing of Savings, Credit & Income generation program directly and managed / handled more than fifty million taka as Micro-finance revolving fund as the Area-Head.
Emergency Relief & Rehabilitation:
More then 15 years experience on emergency relief and rehabilitation response /
Program Management in and outside of Bangladesh; also had taken part to
Respond to the Tsunami affected people in Sri Lanka on behalf of Relief
International Bangladesh country office.
Research / Study
· Worked as a Researcher of “Model Plan for Resettlement of Displaced Urban Slum Residents (Building consensus for a housing scheme for Evicted Slum Population in Dhaka)”from February, 2003 to May, 2003, sponsored by Research Initiative Bangladesh-RIB.
· Conducted “City Water Service Profile Survey” of Dhaka, Bangladesh as Domestic Consultant-(Urban Social Research), Under the Study Entitled as” Study on Water in Asian Cities, REG: Promoting Effective Water Management Policies and Practices, RETA: 6031.”