· Over 10 years experience of advocacy and campaigning on international development across Africa and the UK.
· Experienced lobbyist able to build relationships and communicate advocacy messages on a broad range of thematic issues to senior policy-makers.
· Ability to produce clear communications for external audiences (policymakers and public), experienced in development of campaign messages with activists in Africa, and understanding of how to communicate campaign progress in a timely way within a large global INGO.
· Political strategy and policy analysis on a wide range of policy themes including pro-poor economic development, climate change, investment in healthcare, citizen rights in humanitarian or governance crises, and gender justice – at national, regional and linking to global influencing.
· Positive and motivational accompaniment, mentoring and coaching of Oxfam staff and civil society organizations in Africa to strengthen advocacy and campaigns programme design, including development of multi-year operational plans that include citizen mobilization and activism.
· Country deployments and ongoing technical support on campaigning in Angola, Malawi, Mozambique, Uganda, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe and with Pan African organizations and coalitions.