Stem van Afrika are calling for proposals for innovative projects intending to reinforce the community radio landscape in Africa. The project should be designed to empower community stations, contribute to sustainability, and improve living conditions in the community, as well as become an inspiration for others. For the 2012 call for proposal, the following themes are relevant:
- Stimulating entrepreneurship
The priority focus areas of the Stem van Afrika Foundation are the following:
- Programme formats: projects with a new or innovative programme format.
- Target Groups: projects which focus on marginalised communities.
- Thematic Issues: projects contributing to the "empowerment" of local communities.
- Training: projects related to design and implementation of training.
- Technology: projects with new and innovative technologies.
Click here for more information about the call for proposals.
Registration information: This call for proposals is open to community, local, and associative radio stations in Africa, community and associative radio networks, and local African organisations developing support programmes for local and community radio stations in Africa to submit their concept notes.
- Applicants are requested to submit a Concept Note on the project/initiative. The submission of a full application will be required only if the concept note is selected.
- Applicants must use the standard form provided by SvA, and available on the SvA website.
- Concept Notes must be submitted as email attachment, and sent to: Proposal@stemvanafrika.nl before the deadline (Sept. 30th, 2012).
- Preferably, the Concept Notes will be submitted in English. Applicants from francophone or lusophone countries may submit their concept note in these languages, but only in WORD format.
Stem van Afrika website on August 23 2012.