The Africa Regional Sexuality Resource Centre announces the tenth edition of its annual Sexuality Leadership Development Fellowship Programme. The two-week residential course will address contemporary issues and emerging best practices in policy and programming for sexual well-being in Africa. The curriculum will focus on sexuality, sexual health and rights, sexual diversity, pleasure, HIV/AIDS and vulnerabilities, gender, and violence against women.
The objectives of the fellowship programme are to:
- provide exposure to cutting-edge conceptual, theoretical and programming issues in sexuality, sexual health, and sexual rights;
- create a better understanding of the interaction between sexuality, development, and social justice; and
- facilitate the development of leadership, teamwork, public speaking, and advocacy skills to advance sexual well-being within communities.
Click here for more information about the course.
Deadline for application: April 30, 2013. This course is designed for young professionals in public service, civil society activists, and programme officers/ managers in health and social development organisations including media practitioners. Applicants should be aged 35 years or below. Minimum educational qualification required is a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent and demonstrable experience/interest in the area of sexuality, sexual health, and rights. The course fee for the two-week programme is US$2,500.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Copy of their highest educational qualification
- Fully completed Application Form must be received by April 30, 2013.
Click here to download application form in word document.