Greetings to Soul Beat Africa Network members,
First of all apologies for the cross posting for those who are also a member of the CI Network as a similar note went to this larger network yesterday.
This is just a quick update on the Shifting Norms, Changing Behaviours, Amplifying Voice, WHAT WORKS? 2018 International Social and Behaviour Change Communication Summit to be held in Nusa Dua, Indonesia, April 16th to 20th, 2018 - hashtag #SBCCSummit.
1. Early bird registration - Please note that the early bird registration for a reduced conference fee closes December 15, 2017.
2. Abstract submissions - If you are working in the field of social and behaviour change communication/communication for development and would like to share your experiences, successes, and lessons learned, please consider submitting an abstract. The presentation options include oral or poster presentations, preformed panel discussions, Comm Talks (similar to TED talks), multimedia video showcases, and skills building workshops. ABSTRACTS SUBMISSIONS CLOSE NOVEMBER 27, 2017.
3. Abstracts guidance and support - To support your abstract submissions, JHU CCP organised 3 webinars, one in French, Spanish and English. You can access those presentations and the dialogue from each webinar at this link .
4. Sponsorships and abstracts - Please note that in order to be a candidate for one of the limited number of sponsorships available to attend the Summit, you will need to have an abstract selected. More details here
5. Communicating the Summit through your social media platforms - Can we please ask you to spread the word about this Summit among your colleagues, partners and networks. The overview of the Summit is at this link with the further links to registration, abstracts, Summit site, and more.
7. Hashtag - if you are communicating information about the Summit through your social media platforms a quick reminder to please use the hashtag #SBCCSummit - thanks.
8. Keeping up to date with Summit news and developments - Please do join the What Works? Summit group at this link . It includes an update thread at this link that we will increasingly use to update you on developments related to the SBCC Summit. Please note: You will need to be logged in in order to “Request Membership” to this group or to post any questions or comments. If you have forgotten your password, you can request a new one. If you do not remember your username, please email me at email@example.com
If you have any questions or comments, please either click the "Please review and comment link" above or just reply by email and we will share.
Anja, and on behalf of the Summit Secretariat
Secretariat and Steering Group: The secretariat organizations for this Summit are Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs, UNICEF, Soul City Institute for Social Justice, BBC Media Action and The Communication Initiative. The Steering Committee includes Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, Citurna and Imaginario, Minga Peru, CCP Pakistan, the Wellcome Trust, DASRA, PSI, Los Baños, Feminahip, Oxfam and Breakthrough (India and USA).