The Global Fund for Women (GFW) aims to support women's groups that advance the human rights of women and girls. GFW works to strengthen women's groups by providing small, flexible, and timely grants ranging from US$500 to US$30,000 for operating and project expenses. GFW values local expertise and believes that women themselves know best how to determine their needs and propose solutions for lasting change.
The groups considered for funding address issues that include but are not limited to:
- Groups of women working together.
- Organisations that demonstrate a clear commitment to women’s equality and women’s human rights.
- Organisations that are governed and directed by women.
- Organisations based outside of the United States.
The Global Fund supports organisations with the following types of grants:
- General Support Grants
- Travel Grants
- Organising Meeting/Event Grants
Click here to read the detailed guidelines and application procedures. Applications are available in MS Word format in English, Spanish, French, Russian, and Arabic.
GFW website, November 30 2010.