This is a community of practice and knowledge exchange online resource developed by and for the youth economic opportunities sector dedicated to: (i) connecting and sharing knowledge, experiences, and lessons learned; and (ii) exchanging the latest resources, jobs, and funding opportunities impacting the world's 1.8 billion young people. Intended to serve as an open, interactive environment for collaborative and dynamic learning and knowledge sharing, the website is organised around the following technical areas and cross-cutting themes: (i) workforce development; financial services; (iii) enterprise development; (iv) gender; and evaluation and assessment.
An initiative of Making Cents International, a social enterprise based in Washington, D.C., United States (US), this site includes the following features:
- Making Cents International's annual "State of the Field in Global Youth Economic Opportunities" publications, also available as an interactive online e-book format.
- Hundreds of resources, including publications, videos, and tools.
- Details about over 100 global initiatives led by organisations, networks, and projects working to support economic opportunities for young people, including an interactive map.
- Upcoming events, including industry trainings and conferences (e.g., the September 10-13 2013 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Conference, which will highlight rural livelihoods and technology and is expected to draw 450 participants from 50 countries).
- The Youth Economic Opportunities Blogs for industry experts to share innovative ideas and lessons learned.
- The latest news, announcements, and career opportunities in the youth economic opportunities field.
Youth Economic Opportunities website, September 9 2013.